Saturday, 19 November 2011

Venice Part 2

Ciao!


I have exactly one week and one day left here in Italy before I return home to England. Lee visited me three weeks ago so I planned an iternary of what we would do and where we would go; we visited the Lido, Burano and enjoyed the views of Venice from atop the Bell Tower in San Marco Square. 
Lido


Taking a vaporetto (boat) out to the island, Lido.


 We hired one of these bad boys! We cycled through the Lido and tied it up at the beach where we stopped for some time to take photographs and admire the view. 



Lee made little sand steps for me as I hadn't worn shoes practical for the beach.





Burano



Burano is famous for its lace making and you can often see ladies sat on their doorsteps making lace. It is such a beautiful place to visit, the colourful houses complete with canals, quaint bridge crossings and bright boats make you feel like you are in a toy town. 








Bell Tower in Venice


No comments:

Post a Comment