Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Wivenhoe

Wivenhoe is my second home. Currently living between two places can certainly have its advantages. When working in the city of Leicester I am able to feed my shopping addiction on a half hour lunch break, dine out at a choice of restaurants and unwind in the evening at a hip cocktail bar.

Yet when I leave the hum of Leicester behind and embark on the 150 mile trip back 'home' to Wivenhoe, I am instantly met with a calmer, more tranquil pace of life. It is during these quiet moments of downtime that I can truly feel at peace, away from the constant drone of the city. 

It was a glorious day albeit a little windy at times when I set out for a stroll along the Wivenhoe Quay to Alresford with my sister Camella and her boyfriend.




Future aspiration, own a yacht! 



I first stumbled upon this abandoned church back in 2011 when I was on a bike ride along the Wivenhoe to Alresford trail and blogged about it here. It has become a favourite Spring/Summertime walk and I always make sure to visit the church each time. The church was destroyed by fire on the 2nd October 1971 but was never restored.



My sister Camella donning my favourite style, nautical stripes!

What Camella wore:
White dress - Forever 21 - £21
Striped Crop Top - Primark - £4



Of course the walk ended with a pit stop at the local pubs beer garden and Pimms was ordered all round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment